Six months ago, I traded in city centre living for a move to the countryside, from my beloved Manchester to a place called New Mills - a stunning, creative and community-focussed town on the edge of the Peak District. And guess what? I’ve discovered a hidden gem of a wedding venue just down the road and it’s too good not to tell you about!
Nestled in the rolling hills of the Derbyshire countryside, Thornsett Fields Farm is perfect for outdoorsy couples looking for an authentic setting for a good ol’ fashioned knees up to celebrate their big day! A working dairy farm, Thornsett Fields Farm is about as real as it gets and has immense potential for personalisation on your wedding day. With recent renovation work to the main barn, Thornsett Fields Farm has natural beauty in bucket loads, a whole host of animals and it offers so much flexibility for couples who like to do things differently.
The best bits:
- When you hire Thornsett Fields Farm, you get a whole week to work your magic and create the wedding of your dreams. Take your time over this incredible blank canvas, get a team of helpers and watch your vision come to life without the ticking clock adding unnecessary pressure.
- Included in your package at no extra cost, you have unlimited hay bales depending on how you decide to set up your space, the option of arriving by tractor and sociable animals like Mabel the sheep & Pugsley the dog who will gladly feature in your photos
- Thornsett Fields Farm might technically be in Derbyshire but it’s only a 30 minute drive from Stockport and less than an hour from Manchester. This venue provides an accessible location in the heart of the countryside with sooooo many incredible locations for photo opportunities - what’s not to love!?
- There’s plenty of places to stay nearby but you can also organise tipis, bring your camper van or pitch a tent to stay onsite and really make the most of it all!
- Kerrie, creative farmers wife and chief wedding person at Thornsett Fields Farm, is a big believer in variety being the spice of life. She is committed to helping couples create their perfect day, no matter what you have in mind. Whether you’re planning a steampunk celebration, a gothic gathering or a rainbow rave, this is the perfect place for you!
Thornsett Fields Farm is a place where you can really let your imagination run wild. The possibilities are endless and you'll be supported by Kerrie and her network of experienced wedding professionals and recommended suppliers who can help create your perfect day!
Thanks to Kerrie for showing me around the farm, making me a brew and introducing me to Mabel and Pugsley. If you’re getting married at Thornsett Fields Farm and you’re looking for a local, creative photographer to capture your special day, contact me to find out more about my special offer available for this very special venue!